Frank's Glow Up Project
Our Wellness Project in Secondary Schools for Body Positivity
Secondary school is already tough as it, but now with the growing negative pressures of social media to look perfect, we are seeing an increase of young people dealing with low self esteem, social comparison & even depression.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The Glow Up Project empowers young people aged 11-15 in local London Secondary School’s, through self-esteem and wellness activities.
It comprises of 5 workshops using crafts to develop creative responses and solutions to mental wellbeing.
And explores body image concerns to help unlock fears & worries that are causing them to struggle academically and / or socially in School.
Using Frank's first hand experience of dealing with the emotional effects of having acne for 5 + years. He felt it important to help young people manage negative body image concerns, with a focus on skin education & acne positivity.
WHAT WE'VE ACHIEVED SO FAR:
• Has already positively impacted over 300 young people & counting! Profits from our skincare products have helped support the glow up project, and as we grow, we aim for it to be completely sustainably funded through Frank’s Remedies® profits.
• Our 5 week programme has an AQA accreditation, so students can be awarded with a nationally recognised certificate. Thus, strengthening the students CV and benefit their application for future study/work opportunities
• Frank curated & led London Borough of Culture’s first youth-led event at London, City Hall. This was attended by 60, 15-25 year olds, alongside Justine Simmons OBE & Mayor of London
• Week 1. Exploring self perception using mixed media crafts
• Week 2. Young students develop creative tools to tackle negative thinking
• Week 3. Learning how food + diet can optimise physical and mental health through interactive games
• Week 4. Learning about natural skincare choices through fun DIY product making workshop to self-remedy common concerns that can arise in adolescence
• Week 5. Visioning workshop using collage and a special guest speaker who shares their glow up - overcoming a personal challenge related to body-image concerns
GET IN CONTACT
if you are a School, parent or student & think this project will be beneficial for your young people. Please get in touch - we'd love to connect!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Glow Up Project